Photos of the stages
JK Structure CONSTRUCTION SITE
It is much easier to look at illustrations than follow long explanations, so here are some photos of the different stages of the construction of an individual house using the JK Structure technology.
JK STRUCTURE : THE PRODUCT
CONSTRUCTION STAGES FOR A BUILDING
Firstly, the foundations (and/or basements) of the house or other building are prepared in the traditional way. The JK Structure carcass is then placed on the foundations.
The construction phases of the carcass break down into three stages:
- 1. Assembly of the JK STRUCTURES is very simple and takes place entirely on-site. The structures slot into each other and are held together by JK STIFFENERS, steel wire beams that hold the interconnecting panels together, solidifying the structure and making it rigid, and thus resulting in a robust self-supporting structure that comprises the load-bearing walls, the floor and the roof.
- 2. Fitting the mesh: Galvanized mesh is then clipped in place on each side of the structures which functionS as a ‘stay-in-place formwork’.
- 3. Battens or furring ensures the same thickness of concrete on each side of the JK Structurepanels.
- 4. Injection of the Alleviated Concrete: The metal framework is then filled by injection using a special concrete pump with ‘low-density concrete’ or ‘alleviated concrete’, a mixture of cement and polystyrene beads (coated in additive). This concrete, in addition to its excellent physical characteristics, endows the construction with excellent acoustic and thermal insulation.
The structures, covered in mesh, retain the viscous mixture. They are then levelled and smoothed on each side.
This self-supporting shell made of JK Structure pannels, rigidified using JK stiffeners and injected with alleviated concrete:
- behaves like a true composite structure, with excellent homogeneity, and is a better solution than traditional reinforced concrete, being a more advanced technology
- has an excellent thermal and acoustic insulation coefficient
- has exceptional seismic and hurricane resistance
- is fire resistant (class M0)
- is resistant to termite attack as well as to other destructive parasites and rodents
- is ecological as no rare or precious materials such as clay or wood are consumed
NB: After the assembly of the main structures and before injection of the alleviated concrete, all the networks (i.e. electricity, gas, telephone, water, etc.) are put in place; the work of the different trade contractors is easier and simpler with this system, which significantly reduces costs as well as construction time.
The erection of a house using this process does not require skilled labour or complex construction equipment. All architectural forms are permissible. All types of finish are also possible on the walls: painting, stucco, veneer or various other coverings, as for any carcass of any house. The roof structure may also be covered in any manner chosen by the architect: tiles, slates, shingle, or any other decorative covering, or even just paint. In the construction sector, JK Structures are principally used to:
- Construct villas, houses or small residential blocks (ideally up to R+3 /R+4)
- Increase height of buildings without the need to modify the foundations
- Improve the construction of taller buildings or HRBs
- To construct industrial and commercial buildings
Manufactured and palletised in factories, as would be a ‘weldmesh’, JK STRUCTURES are delivered to the construction site ready for use and offer constructions:
- of very high quality
- with high technical excellence
- without the need for skilled labour
- without the need for heavy machinery
- with an excellent quality-price ratio
Which is why it meets a wide variety of needs:
- the construction of luxury houses and villas
- the construction of low-cost housing
- the creation of complex geometries and shapes
- the construction of every type of building
- the improvement of quality of high rise buildings
- high seismic risk
- high hurricane risk
- thermal and acoustic insulation
- resistance to termites and others insect and rodents
- fire resistance
- the environment (less consumption of rare or precious materials such as clay and wood)
The JK PROCESS, which has no equivalent, meets the technical and economic needs of constructors perfectly in all regions of the world as well as those of civil engineering companies.